Goal-Line Technology

for Steph

Any takers for an argument with my watchmaker?
I find my self in cheap spirits.
We pray to jewellery.
I'm the splinter in the knee of your floorboard,
the skeptic under the moon.

And anyway,
it serves the backline for backing off, Bakhramov.

I've been meaning to reprimand you, Sir.
No, not Sir.

I've had ein Sof of accusations today.
With my Alsation appetite for punishment
I'm raising my diverticulitis portcullis,
so my ills
can spill
on the windowsill of injustice.

You're preaching to the deserted;
I, Adolf, held my alms out
for all at sea to see
and it took The Sims
to rescue me.

Where his dirge
moved the law
to mince its words and make chili for con artists,
mine
made
essayists and dissidents meet
and meet out essays and dissidence.

How he can't see that,
I''ll never,
no.