Poetry After Auschwitz

I

'To write poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric. And this corrodes even the knowledge of why it has become impossible to write poetry today.' - Adorno, Cultural Criticism and Society.

Wear a shawl of poky, wretched geometry.
Store avid, witty, sphecoid cries.
To be silent at tonic-bitter rows;
a zemirah robbed of its euphony.

II

'I have no wish to soften the saying that to write lyric poetry after Auschwitz is barbaric; it expresses in negative form the impulse which inspires committed literature.' - Adorno, Commitment

Wretch? Not I.
I'm the zebrine argument,
a vow, fast in the rushes.

If I can assert so much as negate,
it is for the wry, cryptic expert,
ill with iritic hype.

I omitted rats, coyotes, vipers
- a blip.

III

Perennial suffering has as much right to expression as a tortured man has to scream; hence it may have been wrong to say that after Auschwitz you could no longer write poems. - Adorno, Negative Dialectics.

The amaranthine aguille
of hex, memento, orbs, proven zen.
A suspended hymn of which we are a part.
Slashing gossamer sashes?
Or sin-fugue?
You can't correct atrocity without art.